Example of usage and application of fine ceramics material
"CERAROI-C" for flow control of the gas with high-temperature and pressure.
AGC Ceramics has developed, in collaboration with some steel Corporation, a hot gas flow control valve that can control the flows from each furnace tuyere. Since 1986, we have supplied lots of these valves. With the adoption of the "CERAROI-C" as a key material for the system, we have contributed to other related innovations in blast furnace operation such as stabilization of furnaces, reduction in the refractory temperature at the furnace bottom and prolongation of tapping time. Presently, hot gas flow control valves using "CERAROI-C" are expanding not only for blast furnaces, but for other many applications as well.
- It has a simple butterfly-shaped structure.
- The valve material consists of AGC Ceramics's dense silicon carbide "CERAROI-C400" which is resistant to gases at high temperature (1300℃), high pressure (0.5MPa), and high velocity (120m/s), and it shows almost no heat loss while controlling gas flow.
- "CERAROI-C400" is oxidation-resistant and stable at high temperature. It rarely exhibits creep and fatigue behavior, and has longer operating life.
- Ensures seal proof at the valve stem.
- The driving unit uses an electric actuator, allowing remote operation through a direct current signal providing valve position signal.
- The valve's cartridge construction guarantees easy mounting and dismantling, and it can also be mounted on the bent tube.
"CERAROI-C" for high-temperature ceramics fan
AGC Ceramics is a world pioneer in successful development of high temperature ceramics fans using a ceramic impeller
Utilizing our fine ceramics experience in the field of high-temperature materials and recent machine design technology, we in AGC ceramics succeeded in developing this product. This ceramics fan makes it possible to send and circulate high temperature gas (of up to approx. 1250°C) without almost any heat-loss, furthermore allows new technology development which is considered quite impossible previously.
- Impeller material is AGC Ceramics's dense silicon carbide "CERAROI-C400". It can blow gases of up to 1250℃
- "CERAROI-C400" has high specific strength (strength/density) and shows no fatigue up to 1250°C. Moreover, its bending strength is the same as at room temperature, and it shows superior performance under high temperature (air volume of 900 cubic meters per minute, outgoing pressure of 20kPa at 20℃ air).
- It can blow air and combustible gas, as well as gases such as hydrogen and carbon monoxide. However, it cannot be used in a chlorine gas or fluorine gas atmosphere.
- Stirring gas inside furnace
- Circulating hot air
- For floating transportation system
"CERAROI-N" for devices used to aluminum melting
CERAROI-N having properties of dense and high corrosion resistance to melting nonferrous metal is applied as stalk pipe for negative-pressure casting aluminum furnace, protection tube for soaked heater, protection tube for thermo-couple, and hydrogen gas injection pipe. Stalk pipe is especially required the property of heat shock resistance under the load of thermal stress caused by large temperature gap between two ends. That is, one side of pipe is submerged in molten aluminum with high temperature but other side of pipe is exposed to the air at room temperature.
Stalk pipefore Low pressure Casting
of molten aluminum